Fried milk is a typical sweet that is prepared in Spain. A creamy and simple sweet with which to amaze your guests. Here you will find the traditional recipe.
- Milk (1 Liter)
- Sugar (120 gr)
- Cornstarch (120 gr)
- Lemon peel (1)
- Orange peel (1)
- Liquid vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- Branch cinnamon (1)
- Eggs (3)
- Flour (50 gr)
- Olive oil
- First we prepare the skins of 1 orange and 1 lemon.
- With a peeler (and being careful not to catch the white part as much as possible) remove the skin from the fruit.
- From the liter of milk, we pour a part into a glass and reserve. The other we put in a saucepan.
- Add the orange peel, lemon peel, cinnamon stick (1 branch) and the sugar (120 gr) to the saucepan.
- Put the milk over a low heat, so that it infuses the flavors. When it starts to boil, we count 10 minutes and remove the saucepan from the heat. Reserve.
- Add the cornstarch to the milk in the glass and stir until it is diluted. Then add the liquid vanilla.
- Strain the milk into a separate pan and mix with the milk in the glass (which contains the cornstarch). Mix well and put it on the fire.
- Letting it mix without stopping stirring. When it is creamy, remove from heat. We pour the mixture into a tray to cool it down and cover it with a kitchen film so that it does not crust over. You have to let it cool completely. First at room temperature and then in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once the resting time has passed, we can cut the portions (about 4CM x 4CM squares approximately). Carefully remove the portions from the tray.
- Now you have to coat the milk. Prepare a plate with flour and another with beaten eggs.
- Pass the milk portions first through flour, then through the beaten egg.
- Heat abundant oil in a pan.
- With the hot oil, fry the portions and turn them over so that they are golden brown on both sides. Remove them later and place them on absorbent paper.
- Coat with a little sugar before serving. They are ready to eat!
YieldFor 4 people
Preparation Time20 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
Total Time35 minutes