- Garlic (8 cloves)
- Eggs (4)
- Stale bread (4 slices)
- Sweet paprika (1 tablespoon)
- Water or chicken broth (1.5 liters)
- Serrano ham (100 - 200 gr)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Laurel leaf (1)
- Peel the garlic and make slices. Can also use Dani laminated garlic.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil (just to cover the bottom) and add the garlic. Sauté them until golden brown. Then add the ham in small pieces and the bay leaf, with a wooden spoon we are stirring the mixture.
- When the garlic has a more toasted color, add the slices of bread and turn them over.
- Remove the casserole from the heat and add the ground sweet paprika. Mix well.
- Return the casserole to low heat and add the water (or broth). Cook without boiling for approximately 10 minutes. Then, when the bread is soft, stir so that the slices break apart.
- Add the salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt, because it will depend on how salty the ham has left.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs and let them set for 2-3 minutes. And then enjoy! Our soup will be ready.
It is advisable to serve the soup piping hot. There are those who prefer hot paprika instead of sweet, depending on taste. Whatever, if it's Dani, it will be delicious. There are also those who separate the white and the yolk; the white is poured in the last step of cooking and the yolk just before serving hot.
YieldFor 4 people
Recipe typeEntrée / Appetizer
Recipe CuisineSpanish, Castilian
Preparation Time5 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
Total Time20 minutes